The Bridge coordinates one of the largest, most rigorous youth worker and youth counselor training programs in the Twin Cities. Each year, college students from across the state participate in our counseling internship program.
Youth and Family Advocate Intern
- Assist the Youth and Family Advocate staff in providing care and treatment of youth in the Emergency Shelter Program.
- Responsibilities include counseling and crisis intervention for youth and families, leading groups, participating in daily routines, developing and implementing therapeutic milieu, and facilitating intakes, assessments, therapeutic groups, family meetings.
- Interns are cross-trained in the Youth Response Center, Emergency Shelter Program, and Transitional Living Program. Time is spent in the department that has the highest need.
- Candidates must be 21 years or older – completing a degree in social work, counseling or another social services/human services field.
- Applicants must be available to work a minimum of two 8-hour shifts per week to complete a minimum of 400 hours of service.
- Able to pass background check through Minnesota Department of Human Services, including being fingerprinted and having photo taken.
- Must participate in two week orientation. Orientations happen three times per year, in January, April and August.
- Deadline: Interested candidates must have completed all application requirements including an interview. Deadlines: December 15th 2017 for Spring Orientation held in January, April 10th 2018 for Summer orientation held in April, August 5th 2018 for Fall Orientation held in August.
- Intern shifts are available 7 days a week, including days, evenings and weekends. Shifts are either 8am-4pm or 3pm-11pm. Interns are matched with a team of staff and work a set schedule each week, this includes both weekday and weekend shifts.
Volunteer and Intern Manager
The Bridge for Youth
1111 West 22nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55405