Lisa Mears, MPA, Executive Director
Lisa Mears was most recently the CEO at Family Pathways, an $8.5 million agency whose 225 staff provide a continuum of services including emergency shelter, food access and youth support services throughout East Central Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. Prior to that role, she was the CEO at VEAP, a basic needs and social service organization located in Bloomington. Mears’ previous experience includes grants management and health education. Mears holds a BS in Public Health from St. Cloud State University and a Master’s in Public Affairs (Public Administration & Nonprofit Management) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
Christina Heineken Woodlee, MPA, Senior Director of Strategy & Partnerships
Christina joined The Bridge as Program Director in January 2018, bringing 15+ years of leadership experience in the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors. Soon after joining The Bridge she was promoted to Associate Director, providing leadership to the program and development departments. Christina became the Senior Director of Strategy & Partnerships in May of 2020. Prior to The Bridge she spent nearly a decade with The United Way developing nationally recognized donor affinity groups, including Women United, Emerging Leaders and Arise Project. She began her career at Discovery Creek Children’s Museum in Washington, D.C., as the Special Events and Board Relations Manager, in this capacity focusing on philanthropy advocacy and legislation. Christina graduated with honors from the University of New Mexico with a Master Degree in Public Administration, as well as an undergraduate degree in Sociology and Family Studies.
Angela Alvarez, MA, Human Resources & Administration Director
Angela Alvarez graduated with a BA in psychology from Minnesota State University at Mankato and an M.A. in counseling and psychological practices from St. Mary’s University in Minneapolis. She started as a Youth & Family Counselor intern in the fall of 2011, before joining the staff full time in the Emergency Shelter Program. With a passion for organization, policies and supporting BFY staff, Angela made the transition from direct staff to administration staff when the HR Coordinator position opened up. Angela was promoted quickly to HR Manager and then to HR Director where she oversees the daily HR functions for staff, interns and volunteers. Angela enjoys reading, writing, traveling, the outdoors, being a sports fan and spending time with friends and family.
La’Kisha Hollmon-Griffin, Program Director
Born and raised in south Minneapolis, La’Kisha Hollmon-Griffin has 20+ years of experience providing supportive services to youth and families in the Twin Cities metro. Most recently, La’Kisha was Program Coordinator for the Girls Resolution and Prevention (RAP) program at the YWCA. She has also been a foster parent in Hennepin County, worked for Minneapolis Public Schools, and has volunteered for several community service agencies. La’Kisha holds multiple professional certifications, including Youth Program Quality Assessor, Youth Intervention Certification, Sexual Health Adolescent Risk Prevention and Racial Justice Facilitator.
Tom Craig, Finance Director
Tom was most recently a non-profit financial controller for CliftonLarsonAllen where he advised more than 25 local non-profits with financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, preparing accounting records, and operational efficiencies. He brings his enthusiasm and financial expertise to The Bridge for Youth as Finance Director. Thomas graduated Summa Cum Laude with a BS in Accounting and Finance from Rasmussen College. In his free time, he volunteers as the board treasurer for the Red Shoe Society of the Upper Midwest, participates at Feed My Starving Children, and is a coach for youth sports in the northern metro. He loves to read, golf, be outdoors, and spend time with his wife and two young boys.
Board of Directors
- Kristine Oberg, Board Chair, US Bank, Vice President Business Banking Strategy Team Leader
- Geoffrey Jones, Board Vice Chair, Principal, Geoff Jones Creative
- Bob Striker, Board Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair; Stinson LLP, Of Counsel
- Camille Bryant, Board Secretary, Hennepin County, Assistant Public Defender
- James R. Denniston,Governance Committee Chair, Xcel Energy, Assistance General Counsel
- Dan DuHamel, Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies, Program Officer
- Gretchen Gromatka, Fairview Health Services, Senior Employee/Labor Relations Consultant
- Jason Hertel, Thrivent Financial, Director, IT Digital Workforce
- Amelia Huffman, Minneapolis Police Department, Deputy Chief of Professional Standards
- Sharon Hughes, Ameriprise Financial, Senior Vice President Internal Communications
- Faith Jackson, City of Bloomington, Racial Equity Coordinator
- Cheniqua Johnson, St. Paul & Minnesota Foundation, Relationship Manager
- Amy Britt Jones, Development Committee Chair, Educational Consultant, ABJ Educational Consulting
- Michael Lehan, Osseo Area Schools, Assistant Superintendent of Equity & Achievement
- Anne Rasmussen, Temple Israel, COO/CFO
- Gloria Stamps-Smith, Hennepin County, Assistant Hennepin County Attorney