The Bridge for Youth is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of our youth and young families, staff, volunteers, and community partners. Organizationally, we started planning several weeks ago for a potential COVID-19 outbreak. As the situation evolved last week, we began to implement changes to our services that extend through April 30th. As an organization, our goal is to be part of the solution—which is to mitigate the spread of the virus to keep our youth healthy, as well as our staff, volunteers, partners and communities where we live. At this time we’re focused on maintaining our mission-critical services—which include the emergency shelter, Marlene’s Place and Rita’s House.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and our response to it. We have made the following changes to our business operations through April 30th:
- Cancelled all agency events and program tours
- Cancelled all volunteer activities. If you have questions, please contact Sagal Hussein.
- Suspended all in-kind donations. If you would like to donate goods, please visit our Target and Amazon registries.
- Cancelled all after-care support youth groups.
- Limited youth coordinated recreational activities to avoid venues where large groups congregate.
- Finalized contingency staffing plans for all programs.
- Encouraged staff who can work remotely to do so.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Karla Dross, Interim Executive Director